Contact the Parks & Recreation Department
Like Archbold Parks & Recreation on Facebook for current announcements, new program and special event information and more!
Participants permit the taking of photos and videos of themselves and their children during Parks & Recreation activities, programs and special events for publication and use, as the Parks & Recreation Department deems necessary.
Registration is required for all participants to be considered enrolled in any program. The Parks & Recreation office is located in the Archbold Municipal Building, at 300 N. Defiance St. Office hours are from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Registration is on-going; deadlines are listed with each program. Space is limited, so register early. All program fees must be paid at the time of registration.
Archbold Parks & Recreation Scholarship Program
The Village of Archbold Parks & Recreation Department offers a variety of programs and activities. One goal of the parks & recreation department is to ensure that all programs are accessible to all residents. Therefore, a scholarship program is available to those who would not otherwise be able to afford to participate in these programs.
Guidelines & Procedures
For downloadable guidelines, click here.
- Scholarships are awarded for youth programs and classes.
- Scholarship recipients must be residents of the Archbold School District.
- Scholarship considerations are based on participation in the Archbold School District Free and Reduced Lunch/Breakfast Program. Verification with Archbold School District Personnel will occur. For individuals not enrolled in school, annual income verification will be made. The same guidelines used for free and reduced lunches will be used.
- All scholarship requests must be submitted on the appropriate application prior to registration deadline.
- Each application will be considered individually. Completion of an application does not automatically assure a scholarship award. Applicants will receive notifications or an update of their status within one week of their initial application.
- Registration for programs and classes is still required. An application for scholarship does not replace the registration form.
- Scholarship awards are limited to two (2) per year.
- Parents or guardians of scholarship participants will be required to pay 50% of the program or class registration fee if the child is in the reduced lunch program. If the child is in the free lunch program, parents or guardians will be required to pay 25% of the program or class registration fee before the first day of the program. If it is not paid, then that applicant will be disqualified from the program. Authorization for the Archbold Area Schools to release free/reduced lunch program information to the Parks & Recreation Department must be given by the parent or guardian.
- Any additional costs that are not a part of the registration fee, such as supplies, additional equipment, or costs associated with transportation or any miscellaneous needs will not be covered by the scholarship award and are the responsibility of the scholarship participant.
- If the scholarship participant cancels an awarded program or class, the scholarship cannot be transferred to another program or class during that season, or any following season. In addition, the participants will not be eligible for another scholarship consideration during that season.
- SCHOLARSHIP AWARDS ARE DEPENDENT UPON AVAILABILITY OF FUNDS.
All scholarship applications may be delivered in person to the Village of Archbold Department of Parks & Recreation, 300 N. Defiance St. or submitted in an envelope addressed to the Parks & Recreation Director. If you have any questions about our scholarship program, please feel free to contact us at (419)445-4025Call: (419)445-4025 between the hours of 8:00 am and 5:00 pm.
- Family/Individual Season Pool Passes
- Arts & Crafts Classes
- Exercise Classes
- Youth Sports Programs
Additional programs/classes may be added as more offerings are provided to the public.